JN: Welcome to the Focus and Chill podcast where we discuss sustainable productivity and habit formation while avoiding the allure of hustle culture.
JC: Every episode we interview guests who have a solid productivity and habit game and pass the learnings on to you, our wise and benevolent audience.
JN: We’re your hosts: Jeremy and Joey.
JC: I'm Joey, a habits and focus coach, perpetual student of psychology and perpetually on a quest to one armed chin up.
JN: And I’m Jeremy: I’m a neurodiverse software developer turned startup founder building habit and focus software for people with ADHD. My cool party trick is leaving parties early so I get to sleep on time to do my 3hr long morning routine.
Happy new year! It’s 2023 and we’re back with a special episode on goal setting.
- Discussion points:
- New year’s resolutions: how we approach them
- Offset goals
- Importance of goals
- Habit course: Habit course is profitable
- KR: 10 Testimonials
- KR: $25k
- Brain food: ingestion + regurgitation
- KR: listening/reading backlog not too long
- KR: engagement on blog posts/podcasts
- KR: seeing people face to face, wrestling, dancing
- KR: advanced calisthenics
- KR: mindfulness (quality of meditation)
- KR: art (guitar, painting)
- Systems vs goals?
- OKRs/12 week year
- For personal achievement
- For relationships?
- Joey Course + new season of Fulcrum
Goal Evaluation https://soundcloud.com/thefulcrumpodcast/bonus-goal-evaluation-sphere-straddle
Goal Setting https://soundcloud.com/thefulcrumpodcast/bonus-episode-goal-setting
Build a Habitling course sign up
I also have a newsletter where I share 4-5 ideas I have come across in the last few weeks
Radical Focus (book on OKRs)